Saturday, August 01, 2009

bon appetit.

as i skillfully balance the mcdonald's tray in my right,
my eyes were on a lookout for a nice spot, al-fresco.
it wasn't difficult thought,
and i got to my seat early..

i know i'm one of the few in my social circle,
to still haf the luxury of having a saturday morning breakfast
in the CBD area.
and i was abt to enjoy what i'd call 'once-in-a-bluemoon-breakfast'.

as i looked at my watch,
and sauntered out of the quiet gantry at city hall.
i figured i had enough time for a relaxing breakfast,
and to embark on my favourite hobby, people-watch.

there were roughly a handful of commuters at macs dis morning,
the one which is usually packed on a weekday morning at city hall.
as i plunged my teeth into the soft and savoury sausage mcmuffin,
my eyes remained flickering, and watching.

there were a few characters that caught my morning gaze though.
and my mind started to 'blog'.
words and structures of 4 lines began to form,
and trust me. my brain isn't functioning well anymore!

dis version that you're reading now,
is the rough and crude version.
i'm sorry,
that is another reason why i should invest in a laptop!

so anyways, i classified these 'breakfast-rangers' into 2.
one, i'd call them 'seasoned-brangers'.
where you can tell that they've been eating alone
almost half their lives!

esp for the white-skinned,
they're seriously the most cool kinda seasoned brangers man!
c'mon, picture dis imagery wif me.
you'll find it so heartwarming.

a bald white man,
propped wif his oakleys.
wearing a tight-fitted renoma tee,
and a board shorts, wif his few-grand bicycle parked behind him.

flipping through the pages of a magazine or even a book,
and sipping his hot beverage intermittently.
looking up once in a while,
to make sure he still has his location in check..

how cool is that!
seemingly not bothered wif what's around,
enjoying the nature's greet of 'good morning!',
how awesome is that!

and so wif that imagery in mind,
i tried to emulate it.
after putting down my tray,
i pulled out my reader's digest and started flipping through.

but i realised that i'm still a typical desmond,
looking up more often than i should be looking down, reading.
not because i was constantly paranoid abt my geography,
but i was too drawn to people-watch in such a lovely setting!

so i decided to stop trying,
and flicked that imagery outta my wandering mind.
if there were other critical people-watchers like me,
they'd see me and think, "ha, loser! wanna act atas but cannot focus."

now the 2nd type of lone-brangers
is what i'd call 'shit-what-if-my-friend-sees-me-eating-alone-brangers'.
they're ALWAYS on a look out!
and you'll usually catch them munching before even sitting down.

gulping their orange juice even before their mouth is half-empty.
looking at their watches at each mouthful they take.
more likely than not,
you'll see them hunching in a corner.

these are the kinds who don't usually eat alone,
and would rather not eat at all if they had no partners for lunch.
if they're really hungry, the most risk they'd take
is to go out and da-ba something and scurry back to the pantry.

hmm, i've a friend who is seemingly ultra confident in herself.
each time i talk to her,
she exudes such self-confidence and persona.
but she doesn't eat alone! hor, p?

so i wouldn't say the latter type is low in self-confidence,
neither would i say the latter type is just shy.
maybe they just don't like to eat alone?
or maybe they just don't like to be caught eating alone?

but it was sucha great morning, isn't it?
as the land and sea changes its shift to provide wind.
and as the gentle sun rays bounce off your lathered skin,
ahh, what a great outdoor.

maybe one day, you should try it.
just get a book,
go to somewhere which is well-known for its weekday-busyness.
go on a saturday, its really a great blessing to just chill..

Lord, i thank You for sucha great day You've allowed me to enjoy.
Father, even though i don't deserve it,
You've blessed me wif it.
Lord, i thank You dis wonderful morning. amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home