Saturday, July 25, 2009

oneHELLAVUsaturday.

today, i had many firsts.
today, i was judged by my actions at home.
today, i was in a dilemma.
today, i was awaken.

dis saturday, was supposed to be my busiest day.
i've nvr had back-to-back schedules on a saturday
for a long long time.
and today, i had it..

i figured that wif the amount of traveling,
i told my dad that i need the car,
so i'll be fetching him to and from work.
so my adventure starts at 750am..

driving to his workplace and back was a breeze.
bought breakfast for my family,
coz my mum was sick,
and i had to look after my siblings and my mum's welfare.

when i bought back for my family,
before even settling down to bathe and eat.
my mum said she needed to go to polyclinic
to get a referral letter to a hospital.

it was 9.45am, and i hafta be in church by 10,
for main service worship rehearsal.
so dilemma number 1.
should i task my cousin to send her, or i do it?

in the end, i did it.
coz i'm her son and i ought to be responsible.
so i fetched her there together wif my sister,
and i consequently reached church at 10.30.

note: our breakfast were untouched.

so off i left house,
and i hurried to church.
uncle ben's rehearsal was damn fast.
ended quite early.

so i thought i had some time to kill,
before fetching my dad back from work at 1.
and i rmbed, i had audition for
christmas outreach drama.

so i went up, and waited for my turn.
suddenly my dad called.
dad: where you?
des: in church.

dad: mummy hafta be warded, and you're in church?
now family got thing happened, you can still be in church.
you go and weigh the importance.
*hangs up*

note: i didn't know she had to be warded.

so dilemma number 2,
to stay for audition and task my cousin to fetch, or me?
again, i rescheduled my audition wif apologies.
and rushed off..

so i went back to the polyclinic,
got my family and hurried to the hosp.
on the way there, my mum asked if i could pick my dad first.
so i made a detour and i picked my dad.

once he got in the car,
he started nagging..
i felt so maligned inside,
but again, i kept quiet.

so we got to KK hospital,
and the nurse told us we should be at SGH instead.
so we made another detour,
and go to SGH.

after an argument wif the male nurse,
i got my mum a bed to lie down,
coz she couldn't sit for too long.
and by then it was 2pm, not eaten yet.

so at 2.15pm, i left the hosp to meet my friend.
we had our ippt scheduled at 4pm.
was contemplating to push it to another date,
or to just get it over and done wif.

i chose the latter.
and off i went on public transport to tamp.
decided to eat something light before the test.
so we had double fillet-o-fish meal.

den we went to bedok camp,
my friend was denied.
coz he booked the test for 18th july instead of 25th.
so i had to take the test alone.

my static stations were done in a jiffy.
and i was elated when i managed
to jump a 225 for SBJ.
i was abt to claim my 200bucks after the run!

so here comes the 2.4km run.
i ran and ran..
at the 4th round, i was feeling queasy.
and i puked on the field..

the medic was ready to run over to me,
but i signaled that i was fine.
so after puking for abt 20 secs,
i resumed my run, thinking i can still make it.

at the end of 6 rounds,
my timing was 12:22.
i was in a state of shock and uneasiness.
dis is the first time i failed my napfa/ippt in my life.

as i was cabbing home after the test,
it taught me 2 lessons,
which i will blog in another entry.
painful yet essential lessons.

and so i cabbed home and i had to change.
coz i was supposed to go Hillsong concert..
dilemma no.3,
hillsong concert, or go see my mum?

when i came back,
my cousins were abt to leave.
and they asked me if i'm going.
i told them i don't know yet, they all go first.

and my cousin said,
"wth, your mother in hosp. and you not going?"
den i stared at him and said,
when she was in need who was there? and where were you?

he kept quiet, knowing i wasn't in the best mood.
but dis time, i couldn't keep it in anymore..
too many things happened today,
and i'm not even sure if i'm dramatic or my circumstances are.

and so as i was waiting for my friend to come pick me up,
i decided to go see my mum.
coz i thought,
worship is lifestyle, not concert.

so i apologised to my friend who was 3mins away from my house,
and i went down to the hosp.
wheni got there,
i was glad i went. coz i know my family was pleased that i'm there.

and now, i'm back here posting a very matter-of-fact entry.
not much cool english.
just me, my disappointments, my fatigue.
i'm drained..

Lord, i know. i know..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home