Tuesday, July 14, 2009

diminutive.

after a day of run-downs,
by 5.30pm, i was alr torn in my heart.
battered in my spirit,
and downcast in my soul..

nothing seemed to be able to cheer me up,
as i gestate in my depressed mind,
i uttered a simple prayer.
"Lord, let Your will be done."

things my colleagues said just weighed me down,
more and more as i converse wif them.
out of which, one bit me in the bone!
i'd say, its no less that 'humiliation'..

and again, like the usual me,
i kept quiet..
continued wif my tasks and smiled along the way.
but deep down, i feel my gut seethe.

nonetheless, i went home
do my usuals and sat in front of my window.
wif the song set in mind,
i tried to put them together, but it was futile..

not long after,
my bro came back.
in his normal days, he would come up to me and exclaim,
"kor kor!"

but dis time round, he just popped his head into my corner,
and said in the most doleful mood,
"kor.."
the both of us knew that we've had a bad day.

after dinner, i just plopped onto my bed.
part ceiling-pondering, part watching tv..
and i heard the door creak,
my bro wade into the room and lied down beside me.

both of us were quiet for abt 30 secs,
and me, being the older one, initiated.
des: so.. why you so sad today?
joel: *pouts* nothing.

des: huh? den why you so emo?
joel: what is emo? not the red colour one right?
des: *laughs* no la! why you so sad, you can tell me..
joel: mummy say i cannot invite my friends for my bday tmr!

joel: only 2, mummy also say cannot.
des: maybe coz it will be quite late den your friends how to go home?
joel: but you can drive them home ma.
des: *looks at him*

joel: i can go wif you..
des: that's not the point!
both of us laughed, and that was it.
i was half-expecting him to ask him why i emo, but he didn't.

and den it dawned upon me,
how trivial my 'bad day' was to God
as how my bro's disappointment to me.
but i know i care, and likewise, God cares too..

and it also prod me out of my wallow,
that many times, amid our disappointments,
we fail to reconcile wif the fact that,
ALTHOUGH it may SEEM like God doesn't care, but He does.

dis lil conversation wif my never-seem-to-be-growing-up brother
reminded me of God's majesty in such regard.
afterall, these He knows are temporal..
and for that, i'll traipse on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home