Tuesday, June 03, 2008

praying mantis.

its been a long time now.
eversince those alloys are fitted on my teeth,
my legs had been rusty.
my body feeling like jelly.

and so today when i came home after work,
i immediately changed.
brought 3 of my friends for a run!
they're my childhood friends.

i did my usual warm ups,
and guess what.
my heart was beating quite fast alr!
how to run lidat!

but i just went nonetheless,
after merely 3 mins.
one of my friend, stomach,
was alr grumbling.

kept protesting nvr enough,
very hungry.
but of coz i didn't care lah!
he and his stupid grumbles..

so as i was running, when i barely hit the 5 min mark,
i was damn tired alr sia!
like super out of breath and i can feel,
gastritis, bronchitis, all sorts of tis.

and i told myself,
"wah! if i really run somemore,
i might just become a praying mantis lah!"
literally praying for help.

but i didn't care much and just went on.
and then my other two friends also complain.
they're twins btw!
one's called le, and the other gs..

my friends all damn weak lah!
run abit only cannot take it.
last time they used to be damn good.
my running buddies.
now, i think the 4 of us can just retire.

with all these thoughts, i only merely
covered 1/6 of what i set out to complete.
and told myself,
"okay okay, we'll make a u-turn at dion's house."

and i kept running,
and my friends just couldn't stop making noise.
but i just kept quiet and remained focused.
coz i really need to build up again!

finally, i reached whitesands!
but this time,
my mind was constantly distracted by old chang kee!
ahh, the good ol' curry puff..

and so, i dragged my friends along.
and kept getting them to forge ahead!
reaching the u-turn point alr..
a bit more!!

in the meantime,
i was thinking
"why i haven't reach my runner's best yet?!"
i was super tired by now.

and just then,
i saw dion's place right ahead!
i sped up and cross the traffic light,
over to the other side.

and this is a whole new war i had to fight!
the going back is always the toughest!
but my trainer used to tell us,
"your return lap should always be faster!"

so i sped up,
partly coz i wanna get over and done wif this torment.
and i was running and running.
looking at different kinds of pple going home.

suddenly,
i heard my friend, gs
"prak!"
he exclaimed!

his hip was almost dislocated.
think really too long nvr run alr,
seriously rusty.
but i pulled him and continue running.

each step he takes,
there's a crack.
but i told him,
"c'mon gs! we're almost there! don't give up now!"

by now, we're really almost there.
back at the park where i started.
the familiar pull up bars,
and the track!

by this time,
i myself was tired too.
really really tired.
everything came to a standstill for that split second.

when we stopped,
my twin friends almost fainted.
luckily i brought them to rest somewhere.
and they were suspended in the air for a while,
when i finish my run with pull ups.

my other friend, stomach.
was almost shrinking in size man.
all he wanted,
was just anything other than air.
water's fine too, he said.

and so i brought them back home.
now they're settled.
stomach ate his dinner,
le's crossed, while gs is bent over.

okay, i seriously think if every man
are supposed to get a disease when they grow old.
mine would be schizophrenia.
HAHHAHAHA!

1 Comments:

Blogger mayt3ng said...

WOW!!! your runnning like excursion like that..! like reading an adventurous story! HA HA! one RUNNING TRIP let you describe until like that.. let me read until like super interesting! got climate n peak some more got abit of comedy too.. hhaha Power la u! gastritis bronchitis can link to praying mantis! HAHA ur imagination very wild hor! tell u wad la.. throw ur tie on ur office desk.. quit n become a story book writer for age between 6 to 12 hhaha! lol

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home