Monday, June 02, 2008

love is patient.

Before my lips curse,
Lord grant me patience.
Before my heart swears,
Lord grant me wisdom.

Your bloodied face and blue eyes,
are not eyes of pity.
are not eyes of shame.
but eyes of compassion..

You don't need our help,
You don't need us to feel sad for You,
All You wanted,
is for us to believe You.

Oh Lord, my God.
How awesome is that sight where You bore the Cross.
And at the same time,
How painful to see my Saviour crucified for me.

Many times we cursed and swear!
Many times we harboured evil thoughts!
Lord, woe be unto us.
But Jesus, You took the nails on our behalf.

Help me not crucify You again,
with the very sins i commit,
with the very curses i utter,
Holy Spirit, be my Guide i pray!

if i changed each "love" in 1 cor 13,
to my very own name.
how much more of a liar will that make me.
God, i need Your loving kindness.

Help us to live in the overflow of Your love.
Help us to be glad in Your love.
Help us to extend Your love to others.
Help us to love ourselves.

Before love is anything else,
love is patient.
Let me love pple around me with Your love.
Let me love pple around me with Your love..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home