Saturday, February 14, 2009

l-o-v-e

i know some of you
are already half expecting me
to post something abt valentines day right?
since today its the-day!

hmm, i wanna post my observation today.
for 24 years of marriage btw my folks,
apart from their wedding day.
my dad nvr bought flowers for my mum!

was quite comical though,
how did my dad end up giving my mum flowers.
dis convo between my dad, sis and me
happened last night.

sis: eh pa, tmr's valentines day leh.
dad: ya, so?
sis: are you gonna buy mummy flowers?
dad: no la! for 24 yrs, nvr give her once before!

sis: den make dis year special la!
dad: don't want la, later she think i guilty conscience.
sis: hahaha, will meh?
dad: ya la! you don't know your mummy meh?

sis: just buy la, if she wanna think that way, den let her lor!
sis: unless you really guilty la!
dad: buy flowers not worth it la.
des: see mummy smile not worth it meh? $100 also worth it ma.

dad: how much is one bouquet?
sis: i think abt 20+, what's your budget?
dad: $5.
(my sister looked at me -.-)

sis: your wife worth only $5 to you meh?!
dad: den how much is it?
sis: 20+ lor, depending on how many.
sis: eh korkor, what flowers mummy like ar?

des: tulips.
dad: wah, how come you know i don't know?
des: mummy got say before..
sis: even i don't know lor!

dad: ah girl, you go buy lor. don't tell mummy ar?
sis: wah, still wanna surprise ar?
dad: mmm.
sis: okay.

so vday came,
when my mum came home from work.
and dis was what happened..
my mum saw the bouquet,

mum: wah! whose flowers?
dad: yours lor..
mum: sure anot?
dad: you go ask ah siang lor..

mum: siang, who give you one?
des: its yours!
mum: really meh!
des: yep..

mum: wah, 24 yrs first time leh!!
and she went on rattling abt it.
her eyes,
those eyes filled wif surprise and joy..

it just dawned upon me,
that my mum has showered love on the family,
from the time we were borned.
and i know, she yearns to be loved..

even by her own husband.
whom her parents (my grandparents)
objected to their marriage,
bloomed into a cosy 5-piece meal.

to grace the occasion today,
though to me its just another day.
i watched 'married life',
and the same thing i observed..

a married couple,
both parties having an affair of their own.
but cared for each other too much,
that they didn't bear to initiate a divorce..

but after a while,
when they realised the wrongs of their affairs,
they decided to break up wif their infatuations,
and focus back on their marriage.

though none of them know
that their spouse had an affair,
they still thrive to make things right
and start all over.

though i disagree wif the lies,
and the way things didn't come to light
but i admire their love for each other.
or perhaps its just familiarity.

i don't know if i'm still making sense here.
coz to me, i think i'm lost.
what am i trying to say here?
let me see..

true love isn't familiarity.
true love isn't butterflies in the stomach.
true love isn't lovey dovey chemistry.
true love isn't JUST a feeling, but a commitment..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home