Thursday, September 17, 2009

september17.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
John 14:1-3

as i diligently flipped my devotions calendar,
dis verses warm my heart as i commence the day.
i've heard too many sermons, or read too many verses
of Jesus coming back to judge, but not dis.

i could almost hear Jesus telling me that in person,
looking me in the eye
and gesturing wif his finger pointed Heavenward.
and wif utmost sincerity and love, He utters.

He did not tell me that He will come back like a thief,
He did not tell me that He is coming back to judge,
He did not tell me that He is going off,
at least not dis time..

He told me that He'll come back for me,
He told me that He's preparing a place specially for me,
He told me that He wants me to be where He is,
He told me that He's coming to fetch me Home..

i've a younger brother,
much younger than any conventional sibling-hood.
i could play the role of a brother and even of a father,
or i can play a role of a mentor and even a trusted friend.

and i know what it means when i tell him,
that i will come back for him.
and i would know whether he took me seriously,
and that he'd look forward to my return..

in retrospect, i figured..
that dis going and returning leaves me wif 2 options.
and it is entirely up to me,
to choose either scenario.

i know my Father leaves to prepare something for me,
dis gives me free time and space to do whatever i want.
in the first scenario,
i'd prefer to call it the good-boy scenario.

my dad leaves,
and i'm all alone.
i'd whip out my book and start reading,
making sure that i won't wander off.

and i will not make myself too comfortable wif the environment,
coz ultimately, i'm leaving.
and leaving won't be as hard compared to those of comfort.
so i stay focused and diligent to wait for my dad's return.

the other scenario is naturally,
the bad-boy scenario.
since i've the whole world to myself,
why not just see what i can do wif these 'toys'..

i climbed at the window to see what is it like out there,
not worried that i might fall off.
i get so comfortable wif the surroundings, thinking
"since i'm here, might as well be comfortable"

or even do something which dad has always warned me against.
since he's not here.
i'll just try and see what is so 'forbidden' abt it..
satisfy whatever cravings i haf which i cannot do wif parents around.

these 2 scenarios are real.
it is in fact happening in our lives..
where our Dad tells us that He'll prepare a place for us,
so that we can be comfortable when we get Home.

but now we're obviously living "in the meantime",
will we be a good boy, or a bad boy?
2 things that won't change in dis ever-changing world.
the world is temporary, and Dad's definitely coming back.

will our Dad come and find us waiting for Him in expectance,
or will He come and find that we're alr at "home".
we only haf dis lifetime to choose, or even shorter..
shall we try our best to be a good boy?

Father, i do not know when You're coming to bring me Home,
but i do know that You are coming back for sure.
Lord, help me to be diligent in my ways.
so that You may be pleased when You come and take me..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Coach Outlet Online said...

Juicy coach factory outlet online Handbags Even so the extremely subsequent full coach outlet store the song Glamorous plummeted to your thirty coach outlet online positions through the ninth, it is one from the coach factory drops in an album in one 7 days. On 19th February, the coach factory outlet entered the UK singles chart at variety 56.Coach coach outlet Outlet The entry to the UK singles chart is credited largely to your large variety of coach outlet store online of your song.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home