Wednesday, May 20, 2009

may20 (ii).

following up from my previous post,
i found out the root meaning of the word!
it means 'to cast upon', or
'to place upon'..

now, as i was peeing.
the word 'entrust' just came into my head.
and i thought maybe that's a more apt attitude,
as we 'cast' our desires upon the Lord..

'entrust' gives me a whole new different perspective.
it neither holds on to what we want,
nor do we just throw and forget abt it completely.
when we entrust, we trust the outcome to be of His!

it is no longer just an action,
but an action wif trust and sincerity.
i think i really am beginning to like the word,
entrust.

so gentle, yet firm.
so sincere, yet unbinding.
a perfect illustration of what true love is.
isn't it?

my parents entrust me wif the keys
of the house, car, letter box and safe box.
my girlfriend entrust me wif her heart,
her struggles, her joys, her pains.

my boss entrust me wif a project,
that he trust i would be able to deliver.
my God entrust me wif talents,
that He knows one day i'll return.

scenarios of unselfish love and trust.
that has no intention of desperate reciprocals,
nor selfish gains.
just pure trust and confidence.

amidst all the disappointments, anxieties, hurts,
we are called to entrust our cares and worries to God.
knowing and trusting that He will see us through,
knowing and trusting that He cares enough..

thank You, Rabbi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home