Tuesday, March 24, 2009

blessings.

since i'll be in office till late today,
thought i should blog abit
before i go for my dinner and back again!
so here goes.

its funny how God blesses His people.
in the time of a recession,
where millions of people are getting retrenched
if not pay cut.

I GOT A PAY RAISE!
though its not alot,
but..
i not only still haf my job, but a pay raise!

its really a blessing coz it reminded me
of how i got myself in the legal sector.
which eventually sparked some really serious
interest in the legal arguments and stuff.

still rmb when i was clearing my ORD leave,
i had some days to spare
and i sent tonnes of resumes to banks.
thinking of carving a niche in the banking world..

but my timing couldn't be more precise,
i ORDed when the economy was ailing.
banks were having manpower freeze and all that,
i was jobless even before being employed!

jacinta was gloating that uncle boo gave her an offer,
since she was on her break.
she decided not to take it coz she wanted something
related to her course of study.

and so after telling her my predicament,
she gave me the opportunity
and i applied for it.
i started work the next day.

how God sees and plans for us.
of coz i can only say all these in retrospect..
coz when i applied for it,
i was still thinking of pursuing a part time degree at SIM.

but i dropped the idea after 'forcing' myself to read economist.
it was too dry.
i couldn't squeeze any passion for numbers,
which i thought i could.

now i'm here,
i realised my drive to hit the business district
was the fat paychecks and nice dresscodes.
nothing else..

i had no qualms or struggles reading statements,
finding myself forever intrigued by court judgements
and the various decisions
that the counsels make.

many pple came to me and asked me,
if i was just 'infatuated' wif legal studies
since i'm in the sector..
i did give it serious thought but denied it.

anways, enough of that.
i've been through that
and haf no intentions of going back
to defending myself again..

but ya,
God places us in different places
sometimes way out of our imagination.
but His plans prosper us!

another blessing that i wanna give thanks for.
ALVAN IS OFFICIALLY OUT OF JOB!
as of 24 March 2009, 3.15pm.
not that i thank God for his retirement la..

i really wanna thank God for putting him in dis office.
though his stint here was brief,
but i've seen so much of him!
that i don't think i'll ever see through the band practices.

he's so cheerful,
always so happy go lucky.
we nvr seem to be out of topics,
and he really brought me alot of weekday joy!

but there is dis one thing i particular saw in him.
his heart of giving.
he is ALWAYS offering others first before himself.
he is always sharing and seeking to help!

and i'm not talking abt his job scope.
in everyday life..
he is always looking out for pple
and helps even without asking!

that is something i'm really impressed.
like today,
i went to the pantry to get biscuits
coz i forgot to bring my bread.

he came and said,
"eh, i brought bread. you want?"
it sounds normal here,
but the bread he brough was only a person's serving!

and he hasn't eaten it himself yet!
he offered me,
which i of coz rejected coz its his breakfast.
but seriously..

alvan, if you get a gf from dis 'appraisal' here,
you owe me one big one!
but really, bro.
you'd opened my eyes in giving!

you're one selfless example,
that pple should really learn from.
anyways, our colleagues haf good words of you!
you'll make it big in life, my friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home