Tuesday, January 20, 2009

withease.

as i was on my way to work,
once again on the train.
i was just thinking when do i praise God,
and when do i erase God?

it is so easy to say,
"to God be the glory"
or "God shall be the center of my life"
when it is in 'good times'.

isn't it?

i still rmb when i just got into my 1st r/s.
i praised God for His goodness,
and i tried to be 'wise' in everything i do.
tried to in my own way, 'put God in the center of the r/s'

but now that i look back,
my life as an individual wasn't even God-centered.
how dare me to say my r/s is God-centered!
it nvr was..

when things started going wayward,
my faith went wayward too.
once i even almost got into depression..
i thank God He sustained me!

dis clearly showed where my heart was.
wasn't in God, but in men..
how can i then say,
that my r/s was God-centered.

and now,
even when times are not too smooth for me.
i shall not waver,
because i put my trust in Him..

i haf faith that He is good to me,
and He will not only be a good God in good times,
but He'll be a bigger God in bad seasons of my life!
He is and He will be..

the cheapness of proclaiming love in peace times.
oh, what empty words do they form!
how often do we still praise God in times
where we don't get what we want at that time?

so was it really God-centered,
or good-centered?
our r/s and faith and love in God,
should never be on our emotional rollercoaster!

it should be the other way round.
whatever we do,
stems out from our authentic r/s wif God.
not from the worldly things we desire!

God should be the constant in our lives,
and any other things or people be the variable!
in God's timing we should trust.
in God's love we should dwell in..

look at your life right now,
are you happy coz things went your way?
or are you happy in Christ alone?
think abt it.

and also examine your life now,
are you upset coz things went the other way?
or you realised you placed your heart in the world?
instead of in the Word..

let us praise God in good times AND bad.
let us NOT use our emotions but our hearts to praise God,
heart calls for sincerity, whereas emotions are feelings.
feelings come and go, sincerity and commitment prevails..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home