Wednesday, January 28, 2009

prayer and petition.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

as i was praying in the cathedral today,
a heavily burdened heart.
as i walked out of the cathedral today,
a lighter yoke was strapped on..

even though nobody knows what i desire,
nobody knows what i'm exactly going through.
i'm reassured that God knows and God hears..
He didn't brush me aside and say "move on."

He told me to put my requests to Him,
in prayer and petition.
and in the meantime,
fix my eyes on Him, for His peace is wif me.

how assuring that statement can be!
the Lord nvr discounts our emotions,
like how human beings sometimes do on earth.
the Lord listens and understands..

when we think nobody understood what we're feeling,
nobody understood the degree of loneliness.
God is saying He understands,
simply because He'd been through it Himself.

carrying the cross literally,
on His battered physique.
walking down the road to the 'mount of skull',
had He nvr felt as lonely before!

He understands betrayal,
He understands loneliness
more than any of us human beings could.
He knows, better than we do.

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:9

more often than not,
actions speak louder than words
i can say "i love you
but act otherwise..

but its often impossible
to display love,
and say "i hate you"
true isn't it?

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:11-13

like paul, i've been through dark eras.
i've been 'blinded' and seen..
but i wouldn't be as confident as him yet,
for i'm still learning.

being content, is what i've to learn.
being content, is what God wants to teach me.
He gave, and He took away.
leaving me to realise who i really love.

i've sinned.
i've fallen.
i've been struck down.
but now i'm standing up, stronger than before!

i will continue to submit my requests to God.
my heart's desires to Him who listens.
in prayer and petition,
i'll wait..

for i know the Lord wants the best for me,
it is whether i'm ready to receive it yet.
for now, no.
but i'm sure i will be, someday.

i still heard the same thing today,
"wait.."
but dis time,
it comes wif a direction.

as ironic as it might sound,
i shall wait and see that the Lord is good.
He will provide,
just like He had provided.

i'll continue to pray for us.
continue to fix my eyes on Him.
that one day,
we'll understand the full extent of love, and practice it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home