Monday, July 21, 2008

coldturkey.

i was sure by now,
God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.

but once again,
i said amen
and it's still raining

as the thunder rolls
i barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"

and as Your mercy falls
i raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

and I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am

and every tear i've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

1 Comments:

Blogger Rainer said...

this song really speaks doesn't it? every time i hear it, i can see the dark stormy seas, heavy rain, loud thunder and lightning. but i also know that the storm will pass. *waiting for the silver lining*

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home