Saturday, April 21, 2007

baptism!

Desmond – “the Resourceful One”.


Today was the final retreat before I get baptized tml.
Mixed feelings though.
As I ran thru the service in my head during the retreat,
Flashbacks of my past whizzed past.

Images of the rites and rituals,
Scenes of the funerals.
Honour that was placed on my shoulder during the funeral,
Being the eldest grandson, eldest son.

After tml, I’ll be dead to all these.
Guess my parents still don’t know what’s the significance of baptism.
One day at a time,
Slowly but surely,
I’ll convince them that filial piety is not just shown after death.
But I’ll be filial to them in dis life!

As I was post the most common killer qn from a typical Chinese family,
“when I die, will u hold joss sticks?”
My ans: “No, aiyah. Maybe lah.”
Maybe I just didn’t wanna make a scene.

I was lost, was alone, was perplexed, was confused.

Only today, God used Pauline to speak to me,
In a firm but gentle manner.

2 Cor 4:8-12
We are hardpressed on every side, but not crushed;
perplexed, but not in despair;
persecuted, but not abandoned;
struck down, but not destroyed.
We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus,
So that life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake,
So that his life will be revealed in our mortal body.
So then, death is at work in us,
But life is at work in u.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home