Sunday, August 03, 2008

awwstruck.

when i came back,
i signed in my messenger and had 7 emails.
6 of which are from pauline,
the other from friendster..

all of them mattered to me,
and all of them spoke/ministered to me.
of coz at diff levels of aww-someness.
but i'll only blog abt one today.

there was a survey in america,
where they asked kids ranging from 4-10?
asking them,
what is "love" to them?

there was a whole list of answers,
but i'll share wif you 3!
that i'm really wow-ed at..
hahhaha.

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
Chrissy - age 6

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."

Noelle - age 7

and the prize goes to dis boy aged 4!
The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbour was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife.
Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.
When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbour, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry"

it may seem cliche,
or cheesy to a certain extent.
but if you think abt it,
can you bring yourself to do it?

i can't.
maybe i can bring myself to do that wif pple i'm comfortable.
but not wif my neighbour.
Love your neighbour as yourself?

what does love means to me?
oh, you bet i've a thousand definitions and expectations.
swimming in my head now,
and grinning smugly..

Love to me is dis,
when i look at her in her eyes,
it just makes me wanna go up to her and hug her!
so tight and thankful for her being in my life!

so what is love to you?
it'll be nice if you'd text me your thoughts,
and we can both laugh abt it together!
to help us get through the dreadful week.. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

hey (: though you might not see this but its nice to read your blog (: haha! i like this post, though its well... not so recent. but your blog is very... thought provoking (:

yeah, there are so many definitions of love. each one has its own meaning and story behind it.

8:43 PM  
Blogger am i me? said...

thanks ann! thought provoking huh? well, told you is R21? hahahhaha! glad that you enjoy it though.. take care when you're over at Aus! see you soon!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home