Wednesday, July 13, 2005

troubled.

Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and brag about your relationship with God; if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; if you are convinced that you a guide to the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, beacuse you have in the law and embodiment of knowledge and truth- you, then who teach others, do you not teach youself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? You who say that people commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who brag about the law, do you dishonour God by breaking the law? As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of YOU." Romans 2:17-24

to me, dis verse particularly struck me dis day. REAL HARD! things are rough in my life. things messed up, but i've dis tug in me that "SOMEthings happens for the best." dis phrase is inspired by one of my brother, whom i've confided in over the seas. cheers to this bro of mine, he may not know my gratitude, but i'm truly blessed by God.
i'm not affected by dis verse directly but it somehow indirectly reminds me of my old days when i talk to pple abt love, to listen to them and encourage them. God showed me that throughout the whole time, i haven't been exercising what i've preached. indeed i am hurt. am disturbed. am troubled abt stuff happening recently. but what can i do/say? same things will happen again.
anyways, on one side of me, it hurts to see that happiness in her even though in dis time. on the other side, i realise that i should be happy for her.
oh well, let's just move on. i can sense that dis is the beginning of God's work in me.

Father, your servant is ready and open to you. Abide in me as i abide in You. Haf mercy on me. in Jesus' name i ask, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home