Thursday, April 23, 2009

thanksgiving.

many of us will not be able
to identify wif hunger around the world.
it isn't within our sight,
doesn't mean it does not exist.

the point that tucked my heartstrings,
was my selfish envy, my endless wants.
i've so many things in life,
yet i want more.

some of you might haf alr known,
my SMU application got screwed up.
they didn't process the supporting documents
which i submitted by hand.

they claimed that they didn't receive,
and i pleaded wif them asking,
"what else can be done to be given just a chance?"
she said, "i'm sorry, there're bound to be human errors."

as i was on the way home,
i couldn't come to terms wif it.
yet at the same time,
i was reminded that i've committed it to God.

gazettes of thoughts whizzed through.
"is dis God's way of closing doors?"
"is He testing me to see how much i want dis?"
"how can i honour Him from dis disappointment?"

as i was going home,
i saw kids in sch uniform smoking.
i hear uni students bitching abt studies,
and wanting to just go out to work..

there was such immense emotion in me,
the urge to just go up to them and say,
"do you know how blessed you are
to be eligible for a spot in education!"

but i know deep down,
i was frustrated at how things unfold in my life.
at the same time,
God's telling me the exact same thing!

"do you know how blessed you are to haf a job?"
"do you know how blessed you are to be able to drive?"
i was torn apart.
frustrations, envy, goals, plans, reassurance, blessings.

we're placed where we are,
for a reason, my friends.
do not envy, do not worry..
God knows just the right kinda life you're made for!

in times of difficulty,
be reminded that He is putting you through it
coz He thinks you're up to it.
He loves you enough to discipline you..

in times of envy, jealousy,
be reassured that you alr haf all you need.
anything that comes along the way,
they're blessings, not requirements..

in times of hurt,
be reminded that You're not alone in it.
for He understands and He'll comfort you.
go to Him, if not, He'll come to you..

Lord, forgive me for being blinded
by worldly desires.
i know i cannot serve 2 masters,
and i've chosen to serve You and You alone.

may You take dis cup away from me,
if it is in accordance with Your will.
may i honour You in all my ways,
because You're deserving of my all.

Dear God, i thank You
for blessing me thus far!
may Your kingdom come,
may Your will be done in me.

In Your dear Son's name, Jesus.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home