Sunday, November 09, 2008

stomptheyard.

stomp the yard's a nice movie.
it was more than just niggas,
it was more than just 'stepping',
it was more..

beyond the 'achievements',
a regular street thug could ever dreamed of.
DJ was lucky,
to haf an influential enough uncle.

who's willing to rope him into
one of the aristocratic colleges.
where he not only found encouragements and meaning,
he found what i'd call, 'grace'.

without that opportunity,
he wouldn't be able to shine like how he would.
without his loss (of his brother),
he wouldn't haf learned that dance is NOT abt himself.

but beyond all that,
i could identify wif DJ,
because when he was at his lowest,
his gf left him, he got kicked out of sch.

he was given another chance,
because pple around him stood up for him.
his gf came back and apologized.
for giving up on him like others did.

you know,
there're ALOT of times,
i wish i could make things right,
make things better than what it is now.

but given my position,
i'm powerless to do so.
as much as my willpower endorses my perseverance,
the reality smacks me on my forehead saying, "get down!"

i don't really know what is it abt anymore.
i used to know what i want.
but now,
what i want seems impervious.

and at the end of the day,
i know that it is God's will that has sovereignty.
so quite a few times,
i had to humble myself and submit.

argh, dis is unbearable.
waiting, is just not my forte.
my results, you..
when can i ever look in retrospect and smile?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home