Saturday, November 01, 2008

familyties.

recently,
there'd been a turn for the better for my family.
my folks are talking again,
and there are results to be happy over.

my sister..
i'm not sure if i'd blogged abt it before,
but i'm sure i told some of you.
my aunt and i had to appeal for my sister.

she, being a retainee,
could not get promoted again dis yr!
so she was abt to get kicked out of sch,
but the principal called my parents.

so my parents authorised me and my aunt,
to go meet the principal
to hear what she has to say,
and ask for a chance to take the 'leveling up' paper.

and so i took half day and we went..
at first the principal shoved us the JAE2009 book,
and my sister's face changed.
so did my aunt's.

and as she was explaining abt other options,
blah blah blah,
my aunt asked,
"why don't you gif her a chance to take the paper next yr?"

and the principal went on,
saying "she's alr a retainee,
and there's no such cases of being J1 for 3 yrs.
etc etc etc.."

and upon ending her valedictory speech,
she turned to me and said,
"so does the brother have anything to say?"
wah..

once she said that,
i sat up straight and took my sister's transcript,
and started my SAT verbal test..
and i went,

"aight mrs lee, let's try to look at it dis way.
we cannot look at dis in totality,
concluding that my sister's not good enough for JC,
just because she's incompetent in science stream.."

and i went on and on,
and the look of the principal's face damn classic.
how come dis guy's english so chim,
and my aunt's head turned too!

but of coz,
she left off saying that she hafta discuss internally,
and will revert next wk.
and true enough, they did..

my sister's form teacher told her that,
SHE'S ALLOWED TO TAKE THE LEVELING PAPER!
and she was so super happy that she called me on the spot.
and told me how thrilled she is!

and i too, was v happy for her.
though in my mind,
i credited my convincing skills,
for helping her seal the deal.

and i think she agrees too,
so she bought stationery for my SAT test!
so sweet right?
for the first time, she bought something for me!

next, i'll move on to my brother.
he's one classic joker lah.
and the best part is, its unintentional!
it runs in the family lah..

he was damn happy wif his results.
and he got back home one day wif them,
and he came right up to me when i was using the com,
and said, "i got 74/100 for maths leh, kor kor!"

he whipped out his paper
from his tortoise bag and i perused.
and as i read,
i decided to be cheeky but bearing in mind, must praise.

so i said,
"woah, very good.. den other subjects?"
den i could sense that he said it softer.
not very proud anymore.

joel: english got 35/55, chinese 41/80.
des: go take the cane here.
joel: huh? can don't want?
des: why you nvr get full marks for maths?

his face changed!
if he could, he'd turn blue..
den i told him,
just kidding lah! not bad joe, well done!

joel: wah, you scare me leh.
joel: i thought how come last time you nvr get 100,
joel: mummy nvr cane you.
joel: now i get 74, you want to cane me.

what the..
how in the blue world did he know my results!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home